I had never known about Energetic Responsibility in the past, and I have been a massage therapist for 19 years and so for about 12 years of that time…..
• I had no idea that what I was doing in my life, outside of the massage session would have an effect on my clients.
• I had no idea that if I was massaging someone and thinking about what I was cooking for dinner or about an argument I might have had earlier in the day that it too would effect my client.
• I didn’t realise that what I ate affected my mood, my energy and the way I was with my client.
• I didn’t realise that if I had a couple of drinks the night before and was a bit hung over, that that too would effect my client.
• It never occurred to me that having coffee would be racy for my nervous system and would also have an effect on my client.
Not once in all of my massage and healing courses prior to studying with Universal Medicine (and believe me, I had completed a lot of courses) had anyone ever taught me, or even explained to me about energetic responsibility and what it truly meant.
So what is Energetic Responsibility?
For me it is all about being aware that every choice I make for myself, has an effect on others and that every person that I massage is affected by the details of how I live.
So what does that mean and what has changed for me?
I have never ever wanted to harm anyone, so being energetically responsible meant that I have become more aware of how I live, how I speak, how I move, what I eat, what I drink and how I interact with everyone, because everything is connected and we are all effected even by the smallest ripple or change in energy.
When I place my hands on my client and begin their massage, each and every way that I have lived is right there with me in my hands and will have an effect on my client weather they are aware of it or not. So for me, being energetically responsible means that I have to bring a growing level of responsibility to all areas of my life, not just as a massage therapist and I will often ask myself, am I being responsible as a parent, am I being responsible as an employer, am I being responsible with others?
We are responsible for every choice we make and to me, being energetically responsible means I am aware of how each and every choice I make, will effect those around me.